The registration fee is kept intentionally low. Organizers rely on the charity of benefactors, and not a few pilgrims depend further on the charity of sponsors to help cover their pricier costs, like transportation.
To make the fee even more affordable, pilgrims can ask their sponsors to contribute to or pay off their registration fee.
This year’s group & family discounts again as generous as ever. Per-pilgrim, group & family discounts can take 10 to 80% (!) off the fee using the ‘discount coupons’ when registering.
- (Almost best of all, the webforms have undergone a complete make-over, so the discounts are calculated & applied automatically.)
All fees are due at time of registration and non-refundable. In case of cancellation or no-show, the fee is accounted a donation to the apostolate.
Registration Fees – 2018, submitted until July 1
- — $90 per pilgrim
- , minimum 3 registrants — $70 per pilgrim beginning with the third registrant (The first two always pay $90.)
- , minimum 3 registrants — $75 per pilgrim for first three (no matter ages) After the third family member, $75 for every registrant over 12.
- to register.
Not sure you can make it yet to pilgrimage? PRE-register now to guarantee your discount until July 1.
Registration Fees submitted after July 1
- Pilgrims who submit payments and registrations postmarked AFTER July 1 are assessed “procrastinator fees”, which increase every month as step-off approaches.
after July 1
- — $110 per pilgrim
after August 1 — $130 per pilgrim
after September 1 and at ‘walk-on’ — $150 per pilgrim
- Begging alms is a part of pilgrimage journey. Since time immemorial pilgrims have depended on the charity of fellow Christians for food, supplies, lodging, transportation — and requited prayers. Pilgrimage without sponsorship is practically unknown.
Pilgrims and their sponsors can use the alms for palms webform — which allows the pilgrim to walk without taxing his budget and the sponsor to walk away with a tax deduction.
No soul or family is turned away from the pilgrimage for want of a fee.
Those pilgrims who have found a sponsor but still cannot afford the registration fee can e-mail the Director to ask what more might be done to help.
“12 days of Christmas in Summertime” — the special discounted days for groups and families after July 1 HAVE BEEN RE-INSTATED IN 2018.
Groups of three & more, and families, can register at a discount in July, August, and September.
To register at a discounted rate groups of three or more — families, too — must register no later than the July 1, or on one of the 12 days of Christmas in summertime.
Just how much does a pilgrimage cost anyway?
Costs to administer the pilgrimage, $10-15k, far exceed the fees collected from pilgrims. Its existence continues to depend on the generous charity of benefactors, who can donate by clicking here.
Here’s a sample of expenses:
- $850 water
- $600 food
- $1,900 transport
- $1,250 insurance
- $2,400 campsites
- $1,750 stipends & fees
- $1,500 mobile toilets
NCCL is an apostolate, a charity and non-profit in the strict sense, relying on God to move benefactors like you to give freely and generously of your collaborations & alms. NCCL receives no gifts, grants, subsidies or miscellaneous support from other institutions.