That’s right. Every pilgrim must check-in upon arrival.
We strongly advise you to do that on Thursday afternoon or evening with the ‘early-birds’.
It’s possible Friday morning, too — but barely. There is always too little time.
That’s because every pilgrim, without exception, must also report to the ‘rendezvous point’ bright & early Friday morning, to form-up with the brigades before holy Mass & step-off.
If you’ve read posted Question #4 (below) you already know about the stress-free way to request the shuttle to bring you to the step-off location, so you’ll be reunited Sunday with your vehicle — or get back to your departure terminal if you flew into Albany or took the train or bus.
Here’s also how to make check-in stress-free — on everybody.
If you’ve seen this page on the website, then you already know a little about rendezvous and early-bird check-in.
For instance, you know that everyone — no exceptions — has both to register (preferably long in advance) and then to check-in with organizers after arriving at Lake George Village, Thursday afternoon or evening.
We’ll get to the rendezvous part later on, below — and driving directions, too. For now let’s concentrate on check-in.
There are three options for checking-in, the first two of the preferable ‘early-bird’ kind:
1. Early-bird check-in commences Thursday afternoon at 4:30, September 28, and continues until 8:30 p.m. at the Lake George Battleground Campground, behind the monument to St. Isaac Jogues in the Lake George Battleground Park.
Regardless where a pilgrim overnights Thursday, he or she is strongly encouraged to come to the campground between 4:30 and 8:30 p.m. to check-in.
2. The same early-bird check-in resumes after 9:00 p.m. in the courtyard at Cramer’s Point Motel & Cottages for ALL pilgrims arriving after nightfall, and continues there until 10:30 p.m.
Regardless where a pilgrim overnights Thursday, he or she is strongly encouraged to come to Cramer’s Point after 9:00 p.m. to check-in.
3. For late-comers there is finally a last minute check-in Friday morning, September 29, at the rendezvous point, in the Million Dollar Beach parking lot.
However, check-in Friday morning is only to be used as a last resort for pilgrims who positively cannot arrive earlier. There is a lot for organizers and the reforming brigades to do before holy Mass, and not a lot of time to accomplish it.
1. Each and every pilgrim must check-in with organizers once they arrive on site, whether Thursday evening as an ‘early-bird’ or early Friday morning as a ‘late-comer’.
2. If a pilgrim has not yet completed registration in advance he/she must do so before check-in, first thing upon arrival.
3. Early-bird pilgrims receive their brigade assignments, as well as instructions of the simple steps to bring them to the ‘rendezvous point’ Friday morning at the Million Dollar Beach parking lot.
For driving directions to Thursday’s check-in points and Friday morning’s rendezvous point, see this webpage.
Regardless when or where a pilgrim registers and/or checks-in ALL PILGRIMS MUST REPORT TO THEIR BRIGADIER & reform with the brigades at the rendezvous point, in the Million Dollar Beach parking lot at 05:45 Friday morning, on the southernmost shore of the Lake of the Blessed Sacrament [aka “Lake George”].
It bears repeating: brigades reform Friday, 23 September, 5:45 A.M. Every pilgrim — without exception — must report in person to their brigadier & reform with the brigades at the rendezvous point, in the Million Dollar Beach parking lot at 05:45 Friday morning, on the southernmost shore of the Lake of the Blessed Sacrament [aka “Lake George”].
Registration is possible Friday morning, but very inconvenient. Pilgrims are strongly urged to register in advance with the easy-to-use form.
Pilgrimage for Restoration
Come to restore. The rest will come.
22nd annual — 2017 A.D.
Friday – Sunday
29 September – October 1
“Now is the acceptable time.”
Listen to and learn the Songs of Pilgrimage!
“No one makes pilgrimage alone.”
Oremus pro invicem.
In unione orationum.
Ad majorem Dei gloriam.