The registration fee is kept intentionally low. Organizers rely on the charity of benefactors, and not a few pilgrims depend further on the charity of sponsors to help cover their pricier costs, like transportation.
To make the fee even more affordable, pilgrims can ask their sponsors to contribute to or pay off their registration fee.
This year’s group & family discounts are better than ever. Per-pilgrim, group & family discounts can take 10 to 80% (!) off the fee using the ‘discount coupons’ when registering.
- (Almost best of all, the webforms have undergone a complete make-over, so the discounts are calculated & applied automatically.)
All fees are due at time of registration and non-refundable. In case of cancellation or no-show, the fee is accounted a donation to the apostolate.
Registration Fees – 2017, submitted until June 1
- individual registrant — $90 per pilgrim
- group discount, minimum 3 registrants — $70 per pilgrim beginning with the third registrant (The first two always pay $90.)
- family discount, minimum 3 registrants — $75 per pilgrim for first three (no matter ages) After the third family member, $75 for every registrant over 12.
Registration Fees submitted after June 1
- Pilgrims who submit payments and registrations postmarked AFTER June 1 are assessed “procrastinator fees”, which increase every month as step-off approaches.
- after June 1 — $105 per pilgrim
after July 1 — $120 per pilgrim
after August 1 — $135 per pilgrim
after September 1 and at ‘walk-on’ — $150 per pilgrim
- Begging alms is a part of pilgrimage journey. Since time immemorial pilgrims have depended on the charity of fellow Christians for food, supplies, lodging, transportation — and requited prayers. Pilgrimage without sponsorship is practically unknown.
Pilgrims and their sponsors can use the alms for palms webform — which allows the pilgrim to walk without taxing his budget and the sponsor to walk away with a tax deduction.
No soul or family is turned away from the pilgrimage for want of a fee.
Those pilgrims who have found a sponsor but still cannot afford the registration fee can e-mail the Director to ask what more might be done to help.
“12 days of Christmas in Summertime” — discounted days for groups, families, and college students
Groups of three & more, families, and college students registering in July, August or September on feasts of Our Blessed Mother, her Family, and certain Jesuit saints can still avail of discounted rates after the June 1 deadline.
Just how much does a pilgrimage cost anyway?
Costs to administer the pilgrimage, $10-15k, far exceed the fees collected from pilgrims. Its existence continues to depend on the generous charity of benefactors, who can donate by clicking here.
Here’s a sample of expenses:
- $850 water
- $600 food
- $1,900 transport
- $1,250 insurance
- $2,400 campsites
- $1,750 stipends & fees
- $1,500 mobile toilets
NCCL is an apostolate, a charity and non-profit in the strict sense, relying on God to move benefactors like you to give freely and generously of your collaborations & alms. NCCL receives no gifts, grants, subsidies or miscellaneous support from other institutions.