A mainstay-division in the pilgrimage organization is the much-admired Company of St. René Goupîl (CSRG).
Founded in March 1998 by the late Bob Murray of Troy, NY and friends, the laymen & women of this apostolate are dedicated to imitate the charity of their heavenly Patron in the temporal assistance they give freely to pilgrims in need along the way.
Company members are pilgrims who generously provide:
- transportation for weary pilgrims
- first-aid and blister care
- food-preparation at camp locations and water-distribution along the pilgrimage route
- assistance with crossing streets and walking along bi-ways, keeping pilgrims safe
- campsite set-up and the transport of all equipment and pilgrim’s gear
- managing the mobile port-a-johns
- temporal care for Priests
- Mass set-up
Those who feel called to donate talents & skills to help pilgrims in their temporal needs are please asked to join the Company of St. René Goupîl.
Pilgrim-volunteers of the CSRG are asked to apply or re-apply to the Company in spring — early summer at the latest. Like all pilgrims, they also must register for the pilgrimage. The fee can be substituted for a free-will donation until June 1, or waived by the Director at request of the applicant no later than May 1.
Click here to volunteer with the Company of St. René Goupîl. (We call it “signing-up”, or “declaring your intention” – whether at the moment that means ‘yes, no, or maybe’.)
- All CSRGers are expected to exemplify the spirit of their heavenly Patron. To that end, all Company members are required to study the letter of St. Isaac Jogues in which he gives an account of St. René’s martyrdom.
- Click here to read St. Isaac’s letter.
- For more information and contact information please see the Company blog.
Click here to register for the Pilgrimage. (Besides “signing-up”, every pilgrim-volunteer must also register.)
Click here to donate alms to the pilgrimage apostolate, or to sponsor a pilgrim.