There are two options to participate for those arriving Sunday.
And special events, too. (See the blog for details.)
To learn the steps to bring you to shrine & to step-off, visit the blog here.
- – Designed for those who wish to join the main column at lunchtime and walk the last several miles to the destination Shrine at Auriesville. Option A is for everybody except parents pushing strollers or seniors ‘pushing 80’!
In other words, NO strollers are permitted with pilgrims who choose Option A.
- – Ideal for the ‘STROLLER BRIGADE!’ and for seniors who are able to walk just the last few miles with the column, along the canalway bike path.
Option B is for parents pushing strollers, the still-ambulatory-elderly, and other pilgrims not ready to make ‘modified pilgrimage’ all three days.
Click here for a post on the blog providing details about Sunday’s events for pilgrims who choose Option B — and read on, below.
If you choose Option A, follow these instructions:
To coordinate plans with organizers, please first register for Sunday’s events, gratis.
Then print out the following instructions and directions:
- Arrive by 10:00 A.M. Sunday morning at the Auriesville Shrine Visitor Center, in the Visitor Center parking lot.
- There, the Vice-Director for Sunday’s events will greet and direct you to shuttle to the rendezvous point, in order to meet the column on the road, at lunchtime. LAST SHUTTLE DEPARTS AT 11:00 A.M.
- Remember to pack a lunch.
- After lunch you walk the last 7 miles to the destination shrine with the main column.
After delivering pilgrims to the rendezvous point, pilgrim drivers return to the Auriesville Shrine to pray or venerate the holy sites.
If you choose Option B, follow these instructions:
To coordinate plans with organizers, please first register for Sunday’s events.
These are the steps you then need to take, and to print-out so you have them on hand Sunday:
- Arrive at 10:00 at the Visitor Center parking lot to participate in all the special events scheduled for Sunday morning for families explained on this post of the blog.
- There, the Vice-Director for Sunday’s events will greet and direct you to walk, in brigades, to the rendezvous point, in order to meet the column on the canalway bike path just south of Ft. Hunter. LAST BRIGADE DEPARTS AT 12:30 P.M. No pilgrim may walk unattached to a brigade.
- Then you walk back to the destination Shrine along canalway trail path to pray the crowning Mass at 3:15 P.M.
Schedule of activities will be posted soon on this post of the blog.
Register no later than September 15 if you wish to volunteer to lead pilgrims in your group on foot to the Option-B rendezvous point.
Please consider the multiple, independent actions of hundreds of fellow pilgrims, the serious responsibilities of organizers to prepare for the events Sunday, and the time required to communicate in advance and then to coordinate all of those actions on site. Please register today for Sunday!