Sunday, there are two new options to participate.
OPTION A. – Designed for those who wish to join the main column at lunchtime and walk the last several miles to the destination Shrine at Auriesville. Option A is for everybody except parents pushing strollers or seniors ‘pushing 80’!
In other words, NO strollers are permitted with pilgrims who choose Option A.
OPTION B. – Ideal for the ‘STROLLER BRIGADE!’ and for seniors who are able to walk just the last few miles with the column, along the canalway bike path.
Option B is for parents pushing strollers, the still-ambulatory-elderly, and other pilgrims not ready to make ‘modified pilgrimage’ all three days.
If you choose Option A, follow these instructions:
To coordinate plans with organizers, please first to register for Sunday’s events.
Then print out the following instructions and directions:
- Arrive by 10:30 A.M. Sunday morning at the Auriesville Shrine Visitor Center, in the Visitor Center parking lot.
- There, the Field Marshal of Sunday’s events will greet and direct you to shuttle to the rendezvous point, in order to meet the column on the road, at lunchtime. LAST SHUTTLE DEPARTS AT 11:00 A.M.
- After lunch you walk the last 7 miles to the destination shrine with the main column.
An e-mail is sent directly to you and to the Field Marshal when you choose that option. You may also communicate directly with the Field Marshal via e-mail in advance, or via text message on Sunday only, if you have questions that are not already answered on the website.
(See the e-mail confirmation of your registration, for contact info.)
After delivering pilgrims to the rendezvous point, pilgrim drivers return to the Auriesville Shrine to pray or venerate the holy sites.
If you choose Option B, follow these instructions:
To coordinate plans with organizers, please first register for Sunday’s events.
These are the steps you then need to take, and to print-out so you have them on hand Sunday:
- Arrive by 12-noon at Auriesville Shrine Visitor Center parking lot.
- There, the Field Marshal of Sunday’s events will greet and direct you to walk, in brigades, to the rendezvous point, in order to meet the column on the canalway bike path just south of Ft. Hunter. LAST BRIGADE DEPARTS AT 12:30 P.M. (No pilgrim may walk unattached to a brigade.)
- Then you walk back to the destination Shrine along canalway trail path to pray the crowning Mass at 3:15 P.M.
Register no later than September 30 if you wish to volunteer to lead pilgrims in your group on foot to the ‘Option-B rendezvous’.
Please be considerate of fellow pilgrims and the responsibilities of organizers to prepare for the events Sunday. Please register today for Sunday!